This is Madeline's latest accomplishment. She is one letter shy of being able to write her name! The first week of July, I showed her the "sign in sheet" that I made her. It is exactly like the sheets we use with our preschoolers at school. That day, I did hand over hand with her, showing her how to trace her name at the top and then form the letters in the boxes. The next day, I was washing dishes and she brought the paper to me with her name perfectly traced. Now, she can form every letter pretty well except for e. That is the one we are practicing. But for only being shown once how to write an 8 letter name, that's pretty impressive! She definitely does things in her own time. Miss Independent!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Writing her name
This is Madeline's latest accomplishment. She is one letter shy of being able to write her name! The first week of July, I showed her the "sign in sheet" that I made her. It is exactly like the sheets we use with our preschoolers at school. That day, I did hand over hand with her, showing her how to trace her name at the top and then form the letters in the boxes. The next day, I was washing dishes and she brought the paper to me with her name perfectly traced. Now, she can form every letter pretty well except for e. That is the one we are practicing. But for only being shown once how to write an 8 letter name, that's pretty impressive! She definitely does things in her own time. Miss Independent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's so great, Sarah! Good job Maddie! Great writing!
~Jessie
Post a Comment